Burn Permits logo


Apply for your online permit today.

Department Logo or Badge

Don't forget to call!

Toll-free: 1-844-950-0955

Incinerators, Campfires and open fires require a permit

Frequently Asked Questions

Who can obtain a burn permit?

Highlands residents living in approved areas can obtain a permit. * Tenants will require landlord approval before your permit will be considered for approval

How can I obtain a burn permit?

You may register and apply online using this website. Once approved a copy of your permit will be emailed to you

What can I burn?

Please only burn wood, wood by-products (cardboard, paper etc.) or leaves and be a good neighbour with your smoke

Do I need a permit?

If you want to have a fire outside (campfire, incinerator barrel, backyard brush, etc.) then yes you need a permit. If you are having a barbecue or burning in your woodstove a permit is not required.

How much does a permit cost

Permits are free

Something went wrong and I am unable to get a permit or have not received the permit in my email

Please do not burn without a permit and contact Chief Ford at 250-920-6970 or the District Office at 250-474-1773